It is fairly typical to be perplexed regarding which portable hf ham radio to buy. This difficulty occurs because to the wide variety of portable hf ham radio available on the market. To help you choose the finest portable hf ham radio available on the market, we have produced a detailed guide.
10 portable hf ham radio: Editor Recommended
Our Editor 10 portable hf ham radio Review:
1. Super Antenna MP1C All Band HF VHF Ham Radio Portable MP1
- MP1 Super Antenna Ham Radio Portable Antenna for HF – VHF. For Indoor or Outside field use. Big signal in a small package. The #1 HF Portable Vertical Worldwide. NEW with this version: Self-Locking SuperSlider coil.
- THIS IS ONLY AN ANTENNA. DOES NOT INCLUDE MOUNT or Coaxial Cable. The Super Antenna MP1C Antenna with FG1 Frequency Guide SWR Ruler. Mount Not Included [sold separately] . Genuine Super Antenna product designed in Silicon Valley USA. SIZE: Packs down to 12″ (30cm) for portability and extends up to 7ft (2.1m) for operation. Can be used in vertical or horizontal position. DX and NVIS. Easy set up by 1 person in two minutes without tools.
- ANTENNA FREQUENCY RANGE: 40m-30m-20m-17m-15m-12m-10m-6m-2m-220 Ham bands. HF 7MHz-30MHz continuous all bands shortwave and VHF 30MHz to 300MHz all bands. [3.5~6.9MHz can be added with optional MC60 SuperCoil 60m or MC80 SuperCoil 80m/75 sold separately] HAM-MARS-CAP-CB-MARINE.
- CONTENTS: 1 Super Slider Coil. 1 Telescopic Whip. 2 Extension Rods with Coupling nut. 1 SWR Ruler. INCLUDES SWR RULER: The FG1 Frequency Guide provides easy tuning to any frequency or band. GOOD SWR: below 1.5:1 or better, no analyzer or tuner needed. High Q SuperCoil. SuperSlider tuning is manually adjusted by user for Maximum Efficiency. Telescopic whip with standard 3/8″-24 fittings. ACCESORIES: See promotions for discount accessory options sold by Super Antenna below.
- POWER RATING: 500 Watts SSB (300W CW/Data). COLOR: Black and Metallic. WEIGHT: 1 pound (0.5kg). FITTINGS: This antenna has a 3/8″-24 male fitting at the bottom. RECOMMENDED ACCESSORY MOUNTS: UM2 SuperMount Universal Clamp Mount, TM1 Low Profile Portable Tripod, TM4 SuperPod Large Portable Tripod. Also attaches to most standard ham and CB mounts. Requires a standard 3/8″-24 mount for operation. THIS ANTENNA REQUIRES A MOUNT FOR OPERATION (sold separately). THIS IS ONLY AN ANTENNA.
Additional Info :
2. GRA-1900T Multi-Band HF (160m-6m) 1.8-50MHz Portable Telescopic Antenna for Amateur Ham Two Way Radio, UHF, PL259 GABIL
- Work DX walking about! Cover all HF bands, including WARC bands, from 167 Meters to 6 Meters.
- Operate 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10 Meters HF mobile and 6 Meters VHF with just one amazing antenna! GRA-1900T features low SWR and 120 Watts power handling for a super-performing mobile HF/VHF antenna.
- Changing bands is super-easy — just change the tap on the wander-lead to the next band you want to explore.
- Maximum height is 9.1ft. The PL-259 connector makes it easy to mount on any type of lip, trunk, magnet or pipe type mount.
- Origin: Taiwan
3. Super Antenna MP1LXMAX Deluxe Tripod 80m-10m HF +2m VHF Portable Antenna with Go Bags ham Radio Amateur
- THIS IS: The Deluxe Tripod Super Antenna, top-of-the-line setup, with All HF Bands 80m-6m and simultaneous VHF 2 meter. Ruggedized version MP1 SUPER ANTENNA, 2 METER ADAPTER, LARGE TRIPOD, GROUND SPIKE MOUNT, TITANIUM SUPER-WHIP, 80 & 60 METER COILs, GO BAGS. #1 HF Portable Vertical Antenna worldwide. Package includes entire emergency communications /portable /backpack /base /travel antenna system for Ham Radio. Operators who demand top performance choose MP1LXMAX for transmitting/receiving.
- FREQUENCIES: ALL BANDS 80m, 75m, 60m, 40m, 30m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 11m, 10m, 6m, meters (3.5MHz to 30MHz tuning) plus simultaneous 2 meters (144 to 148 MHz) with a good SWR. Continuously tunes all frequencies Marine, Government, NGO, CAP, MARS, EmComm, Shortwave, CB, and everything in between. TUNING METHOD: Antenna tunes by calibrated manual slip of the SuperSlider Coil grip, with no need for external power, separate antenna tuner, or analyzer.
- Perfect for vacation, field days, and backyard. PACKAGE CONTENTS: MP1C Super Antenna + MC2 SuperPlexer 2 meter adapter + SW1 Titanium SuperWhip + TM4 Large Deluxe Tripod + UM3 SuperMount + SP3 SuperSpike + MC80 Coil + MC60 Coil + FG1 SWR Ruler + 2 Go Bags + Includes All Necessary Radial Sets: MR4010, MR8075, MR6060, MR642, MR2Y. Everything collapses down to pack into the stealth black Go Bag zip cases, with internal velcro pockets.
- SIZE: Total extended height 12 feet (3.7m). Antenna Collapsed Size: 12″ (30cm). Tripod Collapsed Size: 25″ (64cm). Go Bag Size: 13″x9″x3.5″ (33x23x9cm). Power Rating: 500W SSB, 300W CW/DATA. EFFICIENCY: Within 1dB of a full size quarter-wave vertical antenna on 20 meters (as measured by HFpack Shootout). COMPATIBILITY: Fully compatible with all Amateur Radio transceivers. CONNECTOR: SO-239 (PL259 compatible 50 ohms). ANTENNA GO BAG: 4.8 pounds (2kg) TRIPOD GO BAG: 3 pounds (1.4kg) loaded weight.
- FEATURES: New type of Dual Band HF + plus 2 meters antenna, with the MC2 SuperPlexer 2 meter adapter. The durable SuperWhip is an indestructible Titanium metal alloy, so flexible that it can be rolled up in an 12 inch diameter circle and stowed on the Go Bag. The TM4 Large Deluxe Tripod sets up on any surface. The UM3 SuperMount can also be used with the included SP3 SuperSpike for quick low-profile setup on the ground, lawn, or sand. Antenna requires manual HF tuning using included SuperSlider.
Additional Info :
4. GRA-1899T multiband HF VHF (80m-6m) 3.5-50MHz Handheld Portable Telescopic Antenna Max QRP for YAESU FT-817 FT-817ND FT-818 FT-857D MFJ X5105 or KX3 ICOM IC-705, BNC
- Designed specifically for the Yaesu YAESU FT-817, FT-817ND, FT-818, FT-857D, KX3 and other QRPrigs.
- Cover all HF bands, including WARC bands, from 80 Meters to 6 Meters.
- Band changing is achieved by plugging the “wander lead” into the appropriate socket on the base coil.
- Making fine tuning adjustments with the 10-section telescopic whip.
- Has BNC connector. Use adapter for SO-239. Place of Origin：Taiwan
Additional Info :
5. Super Antenna MC60 Supercoil 5 MHz 60 Meter Coil for MP1 Antenna HAM Radio HF Portable Amateur shortwave
- THIS IS: The model MC60 SuperCoil. It is the new 5 MHz 60 meter band coil for all Super Antenna MP1 portable HF antenna systems. It is made by Super Antenna, designed as part of the /backpack /base /travel /mobile /portable antenna system for Ham Radio. It is for transmitting and receiving on HF radio frequencies.
- SPECIFICATIONS: FREQUENCY RANGE: 4.8MHz~6.9MHz continuous when used with any Super Antenna MP1 series antenna. BAND: 5 MHz 60 meters, CAP, MARS, Marine, HF bands.
- COMPATIBILITY: Fully compatible with all Super Antenna MP1 Antennas and Equipment. Attaches by inserting between the MP1 SuperSlider Coil and its extension rod. Changes band and deploys in one minute by one person with no tools needed. Also compatible to provide 5 MHz 60 meter coverage for buddipole, buddistick, bug catchers, bug sticks, and many other tunable mobile whips that have 3/8″-24 fittings.
- SIZE: 4.0″x1.25″x1.25″ (10x3x3cm). COLOR: Stealth Black Sheath, Metallic aircraft aluminum end caps. WEIGHT: 5 ounces (150g).
- FITTINGS: 3/8-24 standard threads, female fitting on bottom, and male fitting on top of coil (reversable). POWER RATING: 400W SSB, 250W CW/DATA. Recommended Accessories (Sold Separately) MR8060 SuperWire Radial Set, MR6060 Radial Set. NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A COIL.
Additional Info :
6. Super Antenna TM4 SuperPod Large Portable Tripod for MP1 SuperWhip HAM Radio Amateur CB
- THIS IS: The model TM4 SuperPod Large Portable Tripod, for portable antennas, made by Super Antenna. Companion tripod to the #1 HF Portable Vertical Antenna worldwide, the MP1 Super Antenna series. Designed as part of a /portable /backpack /base /travel antenna system for Ham Radio. It is for transmitting and receiving on HF and VHF radio frequencies.
- CONTENTS: TM4 SuperPod + UM3 SuperMount + TB4 Black Nylon Tripod Carry Bag. Designed for field deployment of Super Antenna MP1 and other types of antennas such as mobile ham or CB mobile antennas. Operators who demand top performance choose the SuperPod because it is reliable, compact, and versatile. Instantly expand it up to full size for EmComm severe weather operations, Backpacking, DXpeditions, or any type of base installation.
- SIZE: Extends to 5 feet high, collapses and packs into a 24 inch bag for travel. The tripod legs footprint is 3 feet wide. When extended for operation, it puts the top of the MP1 SuperAntenna at 12 feet high. WEIGHT: Tripod with mount 2.5 pound (1.1kg). Carry case 0.25 pound (0.1kg). MOUNT POWER RATING: 500W SSB, 300W CW/DATA.
- COMPATIBILITY: Fully compatible with all Super Antenna equipment, Ham radio mobile antennas, and CB mobile antennas. CONNECTOR: SO-239 (PL259 compatible). FITTINGS: Antenna fitting is radio industry standard 3/8″-24 female threads, compatible with standard ham and CB mobile antennas. Works with Ham, Marine, Government, NGO, CAP, MARS, EmComm, Shortwave, CB, MURS, FRS, GMRS, PMR, Weather, FM, Scanner, and everything in between.
- RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES: Super Antenna model MP1C SuperStick; Super Antenna MP1DXTR80; Super Antenna MP1DXR; Super Antenna MP1DX; Super Antenna model SW1 SuperWhip; Super Antenna model MC80 SuperCoil 80m/75m optional coil; Super Antenna Radial Sets models MR2Y (with MC2 SuperPlexer), MR642, MR8060, MR8075, MR4010, MR8075, MR6060, MR4020, MR2010, MR1710. THIS IS ONLY A TRIPOD FOR ANTENNAS. THIS IS NOT A CAMERA TRIPOD. THIS IS NOT A PHOTO TRIPOD.
Additional Info :
7. TWAYRDIO Dual Band VHF UHF Back Pack Mobile Transceiver Built-in 12000mAh Battery Dual PTT MIC Portable Ham Amateur Radio with Software, Programming Cable, Mobile Antenna and SO239 to PL259 Adapter
- Portable Two Way Radio Mobile Transceiver. The newest transceiver differs from traditional one, built-in 12000mAh Battery, so it can work continuously for 4 hours. Fully charge the radio at home, then put it into backpack, take it out and have a adventure. Under normal circumstances, the communication distance is about 10-15miles (according the specific environment). Total 198 channel and 6 VFO channel.
- A DC 13.8V hole and a power charging hole on the side of the radio. Plug the power cord into the charging port when charging. If you want to use the radio directly (current does not flow through the battery), plug the charging cable into the DC 13.8V hole. Multifunctional button: Put “I” down, the radio get power from the DC power adapter directly—need to connect the charging cable. Put “II” down, the radio get power from the battery inside.
- The mobile transceiver built-in a mini fan and a temperature sensing system, so when the machine is continuously used in high power transmission, and the temperature inside the machine reaches the 45℃, the mini fan will open automatically to reduce the temperature.
- Dual PTT function: Dual Push-To-Talk (PTT) speaker mic. Communicate easily with the two easily accessible buttons. There is a speaker switch on the radio, built-in a speaker not only in the radio but also in the microphone, switch the receiving sound part from radio to MIC through the speaker switch button on radio. More than these, plug a 3.5mm (single pin) ear phone into headphone jack and make your communication more private and free your hand.
- Measure: 6*8.1*1.8 inches. Package including (main): 1*mobile radio, 1*Instruction, 1*mobile antenna, 1*dual PPT mic, 1*so239 to pl259 adapter, 1*programming cable (software included). Please note: The housing is detachable and the transceiver can be used alone as a car mobile transceiver, but please consider it carefully before you take the radio apart. We are not responsible for improper operation and man-made damage.
Additional Info :
8. Super Antenna MC2 SuperPlexer 2 Meter VHF Adapter for MP1 Series HAM Antenna HF Portable Amateur Radio
- THIS IS: The model MC2 SuperPlexer by Super Antenna. The 2 meter band adapter for all Super Antenna MP1 series antennas. Designed as part of the /backpack /base /travel /mobile /portable antenna system for transmitting and receiving on HAM radio frequencies. Deploys in one minute by one person with no tools needed.
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 144 MHz to 148MHz. When utilized with your Super Antenna MP1 series antenna (sold separately), this adapter provides simultaneous HF and 2 meters on the same coax cable. BAND: 2 meters. The MC2 SuperPlexer has no negative effect on HF operation, it can be kept on the antenna continuously.
- COMPATIBILITY: Fully compatible with all Super Antenna MP1 series Antennas and Equipment. Attaches by inserting between the MP1 SuperSlider and the mount. Also may be compatible with other mobile antennas such as manually tuned bug catchers, CB whips, bug sticks, and many other tunable mobile whips that have 3/8″-24 fittings.
- POWER RATING: 500W SSB, 300W CW/DATA. SIZE: 20.0″x1.25″x1.25″ (15x32x32cm). COLOR: Stealth Black and Metallic. WEIGHT: 12 ounces (200g).
- FITTINGS: 3/8-24 standard threads, male fitting on bottom, and male fitting on top of diplexer. CONTENTS OF PACKAGE: 1 MC2 SUPERPLEXER, 1 ER2 EXTENSION ROD, 1 MR2B RADIAL SET, 1 MR2R RADIAL SET, 1 MR2Y RADIAL SET. Note: This is only a 2 meter adapter.
Additional Info :
9. Xiegu X5105 QRP HF Transceiver Amateur Ham Radio VOX SSB CW AM FM RTTY PSK 0.5-30MHz 50-54MHz 5W with USB Cable CE-19 Expansion Card (2019 Upgraded Version)
- ➤ 2019 Upgraded Firmware: ❶ Bugs fixed when using CW. ❷ Added VOX function that frees your hand to communicate without pressing the PTT key.
- ➤ GREAT HARDWARE: Xiegu X5105 is equipped with a 3.6 inch large LCD screen and built-in 3800mAh large capacity battery pack. Besides, it also comes with a trestle for desktop operation.
- ➤ IF OUTPUT: With IF signal output (1 IF: 70.455MHz, 2 IF: 10.695MHz, 3 IF 455kHz (FM)). Built in ATU; Built in AF-DSP digital noise reduction processor.
- ➤ PORTABLE SIZE: Very small in size and ultra portable (6.3*3.9*1.8in) with an original speaker mic, convenient to carry. Please make sure your antenna compatible with the machine.
- ➤ We provide a 1-year warranty on the Xiegu X5105. As usual, if you modify the radio’s hardware, the warranty is void. (Note：Please avoid a continuously use of the machine for more than 2 hours in case that being overheated. )
Additional Info :
10. WINDCAMP Gipsy 5-50MHz HF Horizontal Dipole Antenna Ant for Ham Radio Waterproof Balun
- 1. full-size half-wave dipole antenna level , the classic high efficiency antenna.
- 2. fully waterproof Carbon Wei Balun
- 3. Common quad-band (5/7/14/21/28-29/50MHz) mark , with the bobbin easily adjust the switching frequency
- 4. special canvas pouch , the volume is very small, very easy to Portable
- 5:Gross Weight: 0.4kg Will ship it via fast shipping that you can get it within 13-17days.
Additional Info :
Important Aspects to Consider When Choosing portable hf ham radio:
How we Picked the Top portable hf ham radio
Most of the items mentioned are not hand-picked. The list was generated by AI. But we can guarantee that every product included here has been tried and tested by real people, reviewed by experts, and recommended by real people.
Cost and performance are essential factors to consider when acquiring a portable hf ham radio. More enterprises entering the portable hf ham radio market means more options for quality and performance. The most expensive portable hf ham radio does not always indicate the best decision for you and your money. Many low-cost models offer excellent performance and comfort.
A brand with high-quality products and outstanding customer service is the ideal choice for portable hf ham radio. Good brand products are created with extreme care and precision, and they will always be available to answer your questions, correct any product flaws, or refund your money if any damage is found.
Before you click the buy now button or add items to your shopping cart, make sure the product fulfills your requirements.
Specs matter while choosing a product. They define the product’s capabilities. With so many options available, it’s vital to pick the correct one.
Choose the portable hf ham radio precision-engineered to fit your demands.
Performance, features, and affordability are the three primary factors to consider when comparing specifications. Each of these criteria has a role in your final choice. Considering all of them ensures you got the most value for money.
The world is filled of great portable hf ham radio, making it difficult to choose. A decision can be made by looking at the design. Materials used in manufacture, color scheme, and even visual weighing all contribute to a product’s overall design. Knowing this can help you locate a product that exactly meets your tastes and demands.
Many individuals consider customer reviews while making purchase selections. It’s easy to see why: who knows a product better than those who have used it? When deciding which product to buy, looking through customer reviews can give you a good indication of how others felt about their experience. Not everyone will enjoy every product, and some people will be more likely to post a review than others. Overall, customer evaluations are a good reflection of how happy people are with a product.
Stability and Control
We weighed the stability and control of a portable hf ham radio in determining its performance.
Keep in mind the item’s stability and control.
We consider the product’s impact on our lives and how we will feel when utilizing it.
Nobody likes to be uncomfortable or constrained when doing what they love. When deciding whether to use a product, consider its comfort portable hf ham radio. There are various sorts of portable hf ham radio that provide stability, control, and comfort. If you buy a fishing kayak, you don’t want to spend the whole trip thinking about how badly you want to get out because your back hurts or your feet are tired.
The manner a portable hf ham radio is designed and built, as well as the material used, determine its durability. Select the portable hf ham radio that can tolerate wear, pressure, and damage.
Also, make sure it has a streamlined style that fits everywhere. A busy mom or a construction worker will appreciate this product’s durability.
What Are Today’s Most Popular portable hf ham radio Models?
There are many portable hf ham radio items accessible today for men and women seeking quality and reliability. Every portable hf ham radio model follows the same essential premise. But they appeal to various users.
It’s no secret that certain products appeal to specific populations. What if you could see which products were the most popular across all consumers? You can, and we’ve got the list. Check out our collection of products that appear to appeal to all ages, genders, and locations.
How to Choose the Most Popular portable hf ham radio
The three most crucial criteria to consider are price, quality, and popularity.
Price is an obvious factor to consider, as you want to ensure it is acceptable for your needs.
Quality should also be examined because buying a low-quality goods will not help you achieve your main aim of obtaining the best product.
Finally, while not as obvious as price or quality, popularity can be just as significant as both when it comes to attracting new customers.
1: How much is portable hf ham radio?
portable hf ham radio come in a variety of designs and pricing ranges. It’s difficult to predict product costs nowadays. You don’t know how much something costs because the pricing range is so vast. For example, a pair of pants can range from $20 to $200 depending on where you buy them. Similarly, additional goods like as portable hf ham radio.
2. Is portable hf ham radio worth it?
We are, without a doubt, a disposable civilization. We’re continually assaulted with ads advertising the latest and greatest portable hf ham radio. But are they portable hf ham radio worth our money? Some of them are if you pick wisely! Some, not so much.
3. Is it time to get a new portable hf ham radio
You’re looking for a new portable hf ham radio. What do you think? It’s difficult to predict future price changes. If there are no signs of production slowing, it can be worth buying now to enjoy your investment sooner. But if output is declining and prices are predicted to rise, you might want to wait until the buzz has died down before making a choice.
4. What is the portable hf ham radio?
Sorry if you’re perplexed. I know it’s not an easy choice! But it’s one of the most crucial choices you’ll ever make. If you’re still unsure which type of portable hf ham radio is best for you, I recommend comparing the characteristics and functionalities of the portable hf ham radio listed above. Each has advantages and disadvantages.
5. Why should I buy a?
You can tell if you need or want a portable hf ham radio by looking at your existing inventory. You probably don’t need it and should reconsider buying it. If you can’t get go of the old one, you could sell it and use the proceeds to buy the new one.
This is a fun and easy approach to finish your task.
Let’s face it, we all want to feel good about our purchases. But there are so many! How can you know which is best? You need not be concerned because Aids Quilt has your back. Our trained staff is here to help you find what works for you. Before making a final decision, you can take advantage of our free consultations. Let us show you how easy shopping for home audio equipment can be when you have an expert on your side!